Monday, February 27, 2012

Today :)

Well if anyone was curious I survived my first psychiatric appointment today! I didn't sleep at all last night I was freaking out but my fears where totally proven all wrong :)
My counselor went with me which was a HUGE relief. She was there to hold my hand literally. We got there really early so we talked for a while before we went in. To my surprise the doctors office was literally in the hospital which i was not expecting...
First I had a intake session which was basically answering about 5 million questions, and vitals. And my counselor was allowed with me. And then the doctor came out...and I was ready to go in with my counselor but was told to go by myself... But he looked friendly so I was ready to take the step.
Basically I came out of the appointment diagnosis of PTSD, mild depression, and bulimia. Which I was suprised about, I mean I shouldn't be but still... I also was put on sertraline. So tomorrow will be the first day!
Hopefully this goes okay! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment